Where is it held?
The summer Track & Field Program is held from October through to early March on Saturday evenings from 5pm. Competition is primarily held at the Wodonga Athletic Complex, Pearce St, Wodonga with some competition at Alexandra Park, Cadell St, Albury. Check the Calendar for more details.
How much does Athletics Cost?
Wodonga Athletic Club (WAC) membership fees for 2019/2020 season:
$70 Juniors (under 20 as of 31st December 2018)
$100 Seniors (21 & over)
Registration forms are available online here or at the club.
Registration can also be paid directly to the club using the following details:
BSB: 640 000
Account Number: 111089513
Name: Wodonga Athletic Club
Reference: Your name
Please send the completed form by mail to PO Box 736 Wodonga Vic 3690 or firstname.lastname@example.org stating payment was by direct debit.
Athletics Victoria membership fees 2019/2020 (only required if athletes wish to compete at AV Shield, Country &/or State Junior & Open Championships). This must be completed online at www.athsvic.org.au Club registration is also collected when AV membership is completed.
$160 (Open), $130 (Junior)
WAC weekly competition fees:
Members – no cost (this includes members of LA)
Non-members $5 (a maximum of 2 meets)
Wodonga Athletic Club members receive discounts to enter WAC fun run events.
Can you try athletics before joining?
For insurance purposes, non members can trial at 2 WAC competitions before becoming a member. A “Member for a Day” form must be completed prior to competition and is available from the committee.
How old do you need to be before joining?
An athlete must be turning 12 during the competition year to join Wodonga Athletic Club. All junior members must be accompanied by a parent at all times while in attendance at weekly programs and training. Little Athletics is available locally with the three Little Athletics Centres: Wodonga, Albury and Lavington/Jindera. Contact information can be obtained from the Little Athletics Victoria.
Is there any training provided?
Free Training sessions are conducted every Tuesday and Thursday, for club members, check Programs for updates.
Special events organised or coordinated by the club include:
- Track & Field program (October through to early March)
- Wodonga Athletic Club 10km Championship (November)
- Cumberoona Fun Run (March) Norieul Park
- Commercial Club Classic (July)
- Baker Motors 5km Handicap (December) Sumsion Gardens
- Camper Trailers Albury Wodonga 5KM Handicap Series (January – February) Sumsion Gardens, Rail Trail & Wodonga Athletic Complex 5km Handicap Series (Jan-Feb) Wodonga & Albury
- Don Sparks Steel Supplies Pentathlon Championship (in T&F program)
- Relay Day (in T&F program)
- Wodonga Gift (February) 100m Handicap
- Advanced Corrective Massage 60m Handicap (in T&F program)
- Members are encouraged to represent the club at the Victorian Country Championships (Australia Day weekend) as well as other Athletics Victoria events held throughout the year